28 August 2020

Never alone

 Never Alone


I like to have the radio on in the car when I'm driving and today I flicked on to Radio 2 because the usual Radio 4 was annoying. A song was played which was really pretty awful but the lyrics stood out. It was one of those songs with a very restricted melody, yelled out by some diva, and with few words. However, the words made me think. 

The gist of the lyrics was something like: when it all goes wrong and my friends abandon me, it will be OK because you're there by my side.

How wonderful it must be to have a relationship with someone strong in whom you can trust so absolutely!

Well, of course, Christians have just such a friend in Jesus. 

Deuteronomy 3:16 says this: 

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.

I have some fantastic, wise, good, strong friends but they are all human. Instead, I know where I will look when things get tough - I will look to the my Creator, Sustainer, Counselor, Saviour, the Only One who gave His life as a sacrifice so I could be with Him for eternity, the One in whose love and faithfulness I can absolutely trust, even if I can't see a reason for the situation I'm in. 

Every Blessing
💕

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, and I pray you will be blessed with a closer walk with Jesus as you ponder these messages.

Clinging on

  Psalm 63:8 "I cling to you; your strong right hand hand holds me securely" Snickers have a funny ad going at the moment. There i...